Thursday, April 24, 2014

5 Dollar Family Meal

Okay, so last night was the first time I have actually cooked dinner in what seems like forever. Between track meets, practice and my husband's side jobs we seem to never have dinner together. All three of us actually sat at the table and enjoyed our time together. Nights like that recharge me and get me through these super busy times. While my 7-month-old daughter had green beans and mangoes (and no I am not that super mom who makes her own baby food. The thought did cross my mind, but it never happened.), I searched the pantry for items to make a meal. It has been awhile since I have gone grocery shopping, so this is what I came up with: Chicken Marinara Pasta. I added up the cost of the meal and it came out to around $5.00. It made 6 servings, so that comes out to about $.0.83 per serving.

Chicken Marinara Pasta

- 2 chicken breast diced and seasoning with garlic powder and black pepper
- 1 box of 16oz penne noodles
- 1 jar of Mushroom tomato sauce
- Handful of cilantro

Cook the noodles. Drain the noodles and place in casserole dish. Pour the tomato sauce over the noodles. Cook the chicken. Mix the chicken in with the noodles and sauce. Cut up the cilantro and mix one last time. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment